The New Zealand Ministry of Works and Development, formerly the Department of Public Works and often referred to as the Public Works Department or PWD, was founded in 1876 and disestablished and privatised in 1988. The Ministry had its own Cabinet-level responsible minister, the Minister of Works or Minister of Public Works.
The Head Office of the Ministry was in the Vogel Building in Wellington, named after former Premier Sir Julius Vogel, who helped create the Public Works Department during his term in office, through the Immigration and Public Works Act 1870. This building held the Vogel Computer, one of the largest in New Zealand and used by several government departments for engineering work. The Ministry moved to the Vogel Building in about 1965 from the Old Government Building on Lambton Quay.
The ministry was renamed the Ministry of Works on 16 March 1943 under the Ministry of Works Act. This was to reflect the extended wartime functions, when the Minister explained it was, “to ensure that, whilst the building and constructional potential of the country is limited by war and immediate post-war conditions, it is assembled and utilized in the most efficient manner from the point of view of the national interest”.
During the latter years of the Ministry there were seven District Offices (Auckland, Hamilton, Wanganui, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin) each headed by a District Commissioner of Works. In each District there were a number of Residency Offices (headed by a Resident Engineer) and each had a number of Depots. In addition there were Project Offices set up for a particular purpose, such as to build a power project, airport, tunnel or irrigation scheme.
While the policy functions were either disestablished or passed on to other Government departments, the commercial operations were set up as Works and Development Services Corporation (a state-owned enterprise) and the computing bureau and the buildings maintenance units were sold. The corporation had two main subsidiaries, Works Consultancy Services and Works Civil Construction waterproof cellphone bag. These were sold in 1996 and became Opus International Consultants and Works Infrastructure respectively, and the corporation was disestablished.
In the North Island, the Tongariro Power Scheme was completed between 1964 and 1983.
Under the Public Works Act 1876, the Department of Public Works was responsible for the operation of New Zealand’s railway network from 1876 until 1880, when operations were transferred to the New Zealand Railways Department. This transfer did not end the PWD’s railway operations plastic sports water bottles, as it still operated railway lines when under construction, sometimes providing revenue services prior to the official transfer of the line to the Railways Department. The PWD owned its own locomotives and rolling stock, some second-hand from the Railways Department, and it operated some small railway lines that were never transferred to the Railways Department. One example is a 6.4 km branch line built in 1928 from near the terminus of the Railways Department’s Kurow Branch to a hydro-electric dam project on the Waitaki River. This branch was not solely used to service the dam project; the PWD used its own rolling stock to provide a service for school children who attended school in Kurow, and occasionally special Railways Department trains operated on the line with PWD motive power, including a 1931 sightseeing excursion to view the under-construction dam. This line was removed in April 1937 as the PWD no longer required it.
Locomotive fleet numbers came into effect in the 1905 financial year. The block of numbers 501 to 550 were reserved by PWD, whilst numbers 1-500 and 551 onward were NZR locomotives. In later years, this agreement with New Zealand Railways Department was given flexibility water bottle thermal. From World War 2, PWD used a new system of fleet numbers, with the year of introduction, followed by actual fleet number.
Posted in Uncategorized and tagged plastic sports water bottles, water bottle thermal, waterproof cellphone bag by admin with no comments yet.
Russian cruiser Varyag (Varangian), (ex-Chervona Ukraina), is the third ship of the Slava-class of guided missile cruisers built for the Soviet Navy now serving the Russian Navy.
Laid down in 1979 at 61 Kommunara Shipbuilding Plant (Shipyard 445) in Nikolayev as Chervona Ukraina (“Red Ukraine“), the vessel was launched in July 1983 tenderising meat, and commissioned 16 October 1989. The warship joined the Pacific Fleet in 1990 and was listed as having only a caretaker crew up to 2002 1 litre glass water bottle.
The cruiser re-entered service with the Pacific Fleet in early 2008 after an overhaul.
In 2009 Varyag led a fleet of foreign warships participating in a parade to mark the -60th anniversary of China’s Navy.
In June 2010, Varyag, under the command of Captain Eduard Moskalenko and with the Commander Northern Fleet Combined Forces Rear-Admiral Vladimir L. Kasatonov embarked, made a port call to San Francisco. The visit, the first by a Russian navy surface combatant in 147 years, featured a plaque dedication ceremony to commemorate six Russian Imperial Navy sailors who died fighting a fire in San Francisco in 1863. This visit also coincided with President Medvedev visiting Silicon Valley and he once again visited Varyag as he had in Singapore in 2009.
On 19 November 2010, during a 4-day informal visit to South Korea, 24-year-old Lieutenant Ivan Yegorov reportedly committed suicide by hanging himself. According to Roman Martov, head of Russian Navy Pacific Fleet Press Service, the reason of suicide was a conflict between the lieutenant and his wife. The crewman’s brother doubts that it was suicide, and told reporters that his brother had phoned him several hours before the death: “His voice was high-spirited and he boasted of gifts which he was going to bring his family”. There was a police report filed, but no evidence of foul play was found.
From 8 to 11 November 2011 Varyag, accompanied by the tanker Irkut, made a port visit to Vancouver, British Columbia, to commemorate servicemen killed in armed conflicts. Varyag was escorted into Vancouver by the Royal Canadian Navy destroyer HMCS Algonquin, and Varyag‘s crew engaged in friendly sports matches with their Canadian counterparts from Algonquin.
In November 2014, Varyag led a deployment of four Russian naval vessels to international waters off Australia. The deployment was believed to be linked to the 2014 G-20 Brisbane summit and growing tensions between the two nations.
In early January 2016, Varyag was reported to have entered the Mediterranean Sea through the Suez Canal to be deployed off Syria′s shore replacing sister ship Moskva plastic sports water bottles, in support of Russia’s air operation in Syria that had begun in autumn 2015. The ship was named flagship of the Russian naval task force positioned in the eastern Mediterranean.
Dmitry Medvedev meeting with sailors.
Dmitry Medvedev visiting ship’s museum aboard the cruiser Varyag.
Varyag in Vladivostok, 2010 Purple Bandage Dress.
2010 San Francisco visit
Visiting Vancouver, Canada in November 2011.
Close view of the AK-130 dual purpose guns on the bow with Vancouver’s north shore in the background.
Close view of the S-300PMU Favorit SAM tubes on the mid deck, Vancouver.
Posted in Uncategorized and tagged 1 litre glass water bottle, plastic sports water bottles, Purple Bandage Dress, tenderising meat by admin with no comments yet.