Julie Gerberding

Julie Louise Gerberding, M.D., M.P.H. (born August 22, 1955), is an American infectious disease expert and the former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and administrator of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR).

Gerberding led CDC’s efforts to prepare for and counter terrorism. She is an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) at Emory University and an Associate Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).

Before becoming CDC Director and ATSDR Administrator 8 glass water bottle, Gerberding was Acting Deputy Director of the National Center for Infectious Diseases (NCID), where she played a major role in leading CDC’s response to the anthrax bioterrorism events of 2001. She joined CDC in 1998 as Director of the Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, NCID waterproof case bag, where she developed CDC’s patient safety initiatives and other programs to prevent infections, antimicrobial resistance, and medical errors in healthcare settings. Prior to coming to CDC, Gerberding was a faculty member at the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) and directed the Prevention Epicenter, a multidisciplinary research, training, and clinical service program that focused on preventing infections in patients and their healthcare providers. Gerberding is a Clinical Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) at Emory University and an Associate Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) at UCSF.

She earned a B.A. magna cum laude in chemistry and biology and a M.D. at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. Gerberding then completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at UCSF, where she also served as Chief Medical Resident before completing her fellowship in Clinical Pharmacology and Infectious Diseases at UCSF. She earned an M.P.H. degree at the University of California, Berkeley in 1990.

Gerberding is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Omega Alpha (medical honor society), American Society for Clinical Investigation (ASCI), American College of Physicians, Infectious Diseases Society of America, the American Epidemiology Society, the National Academy of Public Administration, and the Institute of Medicine.

In 1998 soccer goalkeeper shorts, Gerberding joined the CDC as director of the Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion for the National Center for Infectious Diseases (NCID), where she developed the CDC’s patient safety initiatives and other disease prevention programs. She rose to become the acting deputy director of NCID and helped lead the CDC’s response to the anthrax bioterrorism events of 2001.

Soon after her arrival at the CDC, Gerberding began an overhaul of the agency’s organizational structure. On April 21, 2005 Gerberding formally announced the reorganization of CDC to “confront the challenges of 21st-century health threats”. This reorganization resulted in the following structure:

The Obama Administration did not keep Gerberding and she resigned from her post on January 20, 2009.

Gerberding served as a member of CDC’s National Center for Infectious Diseases´ Board of Scientific Counselors, the CDC HIV Advisory Committee, and the Scientific Program Committee, National Conference on Human Retroviruses. She has also been a consultant to the National Institutes of Health, the American Medical Association, CDC, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the National AIDS Commission, the Congressional Office of Technology Assessment, and the World Health Organization. Gerberding currently serves on the Board of Directors for Accordia Global Health Foundation.

Gerberding’s editorial activities have included appointment to the Editorial Board of the Annals of Internal Medicine; appointment as an Associate Editor of the American Journal of Medicine; and service as a peer-reviewer for numerous internal medicine, infectious diseases, and epidemiology journals. Her scientific interests encompass patient safety and prevention of infections and antimicrobial resistance among patients and their healthcare providers. She has authored or co-authored more than 140 peer-reviewed publications and textbook chapters and contributed to numerous guidelines and policies relevant to HIV prevention, post-exposure prophylaxis, management of infected healthcare personnel, and healthcare-associated infection prevention.

In 2005, she was named one of Time magazine Top 100 Innovators of the Year for her leadership in modernizing the $9 billion agency as it faced unprecedented challenges, including new and emerging infectious diseases and bioterrorism. In 2006, Dr. Gerberding gave the commencement speech at the Harvard School of Public Health. Forbes magazine listed her 32nd among The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2007 and 24th in 2008. In addition to serving as a delegate in the World Economic Forum, Gerberding recently received the Surgeon General’s Medallion for actions of exceptional achievement to the cause of public health and medicine. For her contributions to the health field,Accordia Global Health Foundation honored Dr. Gerberding with the Global Health Leadership Award in 2008.

In late 2009, Gerberding became president of Merck’s vaccines division.

Julie L. Gerberding sold 38,368 shares of her Merck stock on the open market in a transaction dated Friday, May 8th. The stock was sold at an average price of $60.99, for a total transaction of $2,340,064.32. Following the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 31,985 shares of the company’s stock, currently valued at approximately $1 goalie shirt soccer,950,765.15.


Posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , by with no comments yet.

The Great Morgani

The Great Morgani (aka Frank Lima) is an American street performer and performance artist from Santa Cruz, California goalie shirt soccer. Although he is an experienced accordionist with 60 years of experience, he is most noted for his spectacular costumes which sometimes take up to 100 hours of work.

Frank Lima was born in 1942 in Los Banos, California. His family moved to Santa Cruz in 1946. Lima started performing at age 11, mostly in trios at Portuguese events. He enjoyed success in his first career as a stockbroker, but retired when he was 35 small sports bottle. Almost two decades later in 1995, he embarked on a second career playing accordion as a street performer.

In the first few years of his street performing, he performed with his face uncovered. Gradually, he developed more elaborate costumes, relying on the sewing skills he learned from his mother, a master seamstress 1 liter glass bottles. Although he performs barefaced privately knuckle meat tenderizer, he currently performs in public with face covered, often by the material used in the rest of his costume.

The Great Morgani has performed a dozen times at the Cotati Accordion Festival and other festivals including the Gilroy Garlic Festival. He regularly performs at farmer’s markets throughout Santa Cruz County and Silicon Valley, as well as downtown shopping areas in Santa Cruz and Los Gatos.

He has collected 42 accordions and assembled more than 130 costumes, which he entitles with names such as “Touluse Morgani” and “Glyn-duh”, reflecting themes inspired from literature and historical figures. In February 2014 Lima announced his retirement from street performing in downtown Santa Cruz due to city ordinances that regulate artists and vendors.

“Toulouse” captivating an audience of one.

“Flower Powered”

“Catch of the Day”


Posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , by with no comments yet.

Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge

Koordinaten:

Lake Washington

Die Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge, ursprünglich Lake Washington Floating Bridge oder Mercer Island Bridge, ist eine Schwimmbrücke im US-Bundesstaat Washington. Sie wird von der ostwärts führenden Richtungsfahrbahn des Interstate 90 zur Querung des Lake Washington zwischen Seattle und Mercer Island genutzt, die Richtungsfahrbahn für den Verkehr nach Westen benutzen die nördlich parallel zur Lacey V cornstarch meat tenderizer. Murrow Memorial Bridge verlaufende Homer M. Hadley Memorial Bridge.

Die Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge ist nach Lacey V. Murrow, dem ehemaligen Leiter der Straßenbauamtes von Washington benannt und war mit einer Länge von 2019 Metern bei der Eröffnung 1940 die längste Schwimmbrücke der Welt. Sie wurde erst 1963 durch die einige Kilometer nördlich gelegene 2310 Meter lange Governor Albert D. Rosellini Bridge—Evergreen Point übertroffen.

Gemeinsam mit den östlichen Portalen der Mount Baker Ridge Tunnel ist die Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge ein offizielles Denkmal der Stadt Seattle und ein Nationales Baudenkmal des Amerikanischen Verbandes der Bauingenieure ASCE.

Anfangs des 20. Jahrhunderts wurde nach Möglichkeiten zur besseren Erschließung der Ostküste des Lake Washington von Seattle aus gesucht. Der Lake Washington hat eine mittlere Tiefe von 30 m, was einen Brückenbau mit Pfeilern aufwändig bis unmöglich machte. Ingenieur Homer M. Hadley, der während des Ersten Weltkriegs mit dem Bau von Betonschiffen befasst war, schlug deshalb den Bau einer Schwimmbrücke vor. Die Behörden standen der Idee skeptisch gegenüber; auch ein Bau als privat finanzierte mautpflichtige Brücke schien nicht möglich, weil die Banken für den Vorschlag nicht empfänglich waren und ihn als Hadley’s Folly, deutsch „Hadleys Narretei“, bezeichneten. Einzig George Lightfoot und der politisch aktive Verleger Miller Freeman, beide wohnhaft auf Mercer Island, unterstützten die Idee einer Brücke zur besseren Erschließung ihres Wohnorts. Während der Great Depression, als staatliche Gelder für Bauprojekte zur Verfügung standen, präsentierte Hadley den Vorschlag dem damaligen Direktor des Washington State Highway Department Lacey V. Murrow, welcher von dem Vorschlag fasziniert war und ihn umsetzen ließ.

Die Brücke wurde fortan als Lake Washington Floating Bridge bezeichnet. Hadleys Entwurf sah eine Schwimmbrücke in Stahlbeton mit zwei Richtungsfahrbahnen und vier Fahrstreifen vor. Die Brücke war Teil des Lake Washington Bridge Projects, das neben der Schwimmbrücke auch den westlich daran anschließenden zweiröhrigen Mount Baker Ridge Tunnel und die East Channel Bridge umfasste, und den U.S. Highway 10, der später zum Interstate 90 wurde, von Bellevue über Mercer Island nach Seattle führt. Die Lake Washington Floating Bridge bestand aus der Schwimmbrücke mit 25 im Seegrund verankerten Pontons aus Beton und den beiden als Stabbogenbrücken ausgeführten Vorbrücken. Diese waren beidseitig so gelagert, dass sie den Bewegungen der Schwimmbrücke folgen konnten. Der Überbau der Schwimmbrücke war ein Hohlkastenträger aus Stahlbeton. Auf der Ostseite war ein Feld der Schwimmbrücke als Schubbrücke ausgebildet, dessen beweglicher Teil in eine Tasche in der Mitte des benachbarten festen Feldes zurückgezogen werden konnte, um größeren Schiffen die Durchfahrt zu ermöglichen. Die Fahrbahnen wurden seitlich verschwenkt um die Tasche herumgeführt.

Der Bau begann im Dezember 1938, die Eröffnung erfolgte am 2. Juli 1940. Bis 1946 war die Brücke mautpflichtig. Über die Brücke führte bereits zu Beginn wesentlich mehr Verkehr als erwartet. Sie trug wesentlich dazu bei, dass sich Mercer Island von einem Sommerkurort zu einem Vorort von Seattle entwickelte und das einst landwirtschaftlich geprägte Bellevue die viertgrößte Stadt im Bundesstaat wurde.

1967 wurde die Brücke zu Ehren des im Jahre zuvor verstorbenen Murrow in Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge umbenannt.

1981 wurde die im Bauwerk enthaltene 60 m lange Schubbrücke ausgebaut und das Feld mit den verschwenkten Fahrbahnen durch ein normales gerades Feld ersetzt. Dadurch konnte die häufig zu Verkehrsunfällen führende Stelle, die nur mit reduzierter Geschwindigkeit befahren werden konnte, beseitigt werden. Die Stelle war besonders gefährlich, weil je nach Tageszeit die Richtung der mittleren beiden Fahrspuren mit Wechselverkehrszeichen geändert wurde, um die Kapazität in der Hauptverkehrsrichtung zu erhöhen. Dies bewirkte, dass die Fahrzeuglenker das Hindernis je nach Spurwahl links oder rechts umfahren mussten. Außerdem verlief eine metallene Fuge im flachen Winkel über die Fahrbahnen. Es kam deshalb an dieser Stelle, die als the bulge, deutsch „die Ausbauchung“ replica soccer uniforms wholesale, bezeichnet wurde, immer wieder zu schweren Unfällen.

Die Verkehrsbelastung hatte im Laufe der Jahre die geplante Kapazität bei weitem überschritten, so dass der Betrieb der Brücke immer schwieriger wurde. Eine Renovierung war dringend notwendig. Sie konnte aber erst nach Eröffnung der 1989 fertiggestellten, parallel zur bestehenden Brücke verlaufenden Homer M. Hadley Memorial Bridge angegangen werden. Im Verlaufe dieser Instandsetzungsarbeiten sank die Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge am 25. November 1990 in einem Sturm und musste durch ein neues Bauwerk ersetzt werden, das 1993 fertiggestellt wurde. Über die Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge führt seitdem nur noch der Verkehr nach Osten, während der Verkehr nach Westen die Homer M. Hadley Memorial Bridge benutzt.

Die Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge versank am 25 goalie shirt soccer. November 1990 aufgrund mehrerer menschlicher Fehler. Auslöser war das Vorhaben, den Fahrbahnbelag zu erneuern und die Brücke durch das Anbringen seitlicher Kragträger zu verbreitern, damit die Breite der Fahrstreifen wieder den Anforderungen des Interstate Highway System genügen würde. Das Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) entschied sich, die nicht mehr benötigten Bauteile, wie zum Beispiel die Gehwege auf beiden Seiten des Fahrbahnträgers, durch Hochdruckwasserstrahlen abzutrennen. Das dabei verwendete Wasser galt nach dem Umweltrecht als verschmutzt und durfte nicht in den Lake Washington gelangen.

Ingenieure analysierten die beim ursprünglichen Brückenbau verwendeten Pontons der Brücke und stellten fest, dass diese überdimensioniert waren. Es wurde deshalb entschieden, das verschmutzte Wasser vorübergehend in den Pontons zu lagern, weshalb die wasserdichten Türen zum Hohlraum im Innern der Pontons entfernt wurden.

Am Thanksgiving-Wochenende 1990 (22. bis 24. November) drangen bei starkem Sturm Regen und Seewasser in einige der unverschlossenen Pontons ein. Als Bauarbeiter den Schaden am 24. November feststellten, begannen sie sofort mit dem Auspumpen der Pontons. Dennoch versank am 25. November ein 850 Meter langer Teil der Brücke mit dem darin gelagerten Schmutzwasser und mehreren Tonnen Baumaterial im See. Nachdem sich einer der Pontons mit Wasser gefüllt hatte, wurden in einer Kettenreaktion nach und nach weitere Pontons in die Tiefe gezogen. Die Stahlseile, die die Pontons miteinander verbanden, konnten unter Belastung nicht mehr gelöst werden. Da die Brücke wegen der Bauarbeiten vollständig gesperrt war und nur langsam sank, wurde niemand verletzt. Der Vorgang wurde von Kameras aufgezeichnet und live im Fernsehen übertragen. Der Schaden belief sich auf 69 Millionen Dollar.

Bereits zehn Jahre vor dem Untergang der Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge war die Hood Canal Bridge unter ähnlichen Umständen gesunken. Inzwischen wurde auch bekannt, dass die Governor Albert D. Rosellini Bridge—Evergreen Point für die lokalen Umweltbedingungen unterdimensioniert ist.

Beschreibungen der Brücke:

Beschreibungen des Einsturzes 1990:

Verkehrslage:


Posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , by with no comments yet.

Abzac (Gironde)

Vous pouvez partager vos connaissances en l’améliorant (comment ?). Le bandeau {{ébauche}} peut être enlevé et l’article évalué comme étant au stade « Bon début » quand il comporte assez de renseignements encyclopédiques concernant la commune.
Si vous avez un doute, l’atelier de lecture du projet Communes de France est à votre disposition pour vous aider. Consultez également la page d’aide à la rédaction d’un article de commune.

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Aquitaine

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Gironde

Géolocalisation sur la carte : France

Géolocalisation sur la carte : France

Abzac est une commune du Sud-Ouest de la France, située dans le département de la Gironde, en région Nouvelle-Aquitaine.

La commune est située sur l’Isle qui fait office de limite territoriale nord avec la commune de Coutras.

Abzac est limitrophe de six communes : Coutras au nord, Saint-Médard-de-Guizières à l’est what is the best way to tenderize beef, Lussac au sud-est, Les Artigues-de-Lussac au sud, Saint-Denis-de-Pile au sud-ouest et Sablons à l’ouest.

Durant la période gallo-romaine, au IIIe siècle, un seigneur du nom d’Avitius ou Avitiacus habita une importante villa sur le site de la commune. Son nom en dérive.

Durant la période révolutionnaire de la Convention nationale (1792-1795), la commune porte le nom de Gar-Dor-Isle, nom formé à partir des abréviations des noms des cours d’eau régionaux Garonne et Dordogne et de celui arrosant la ville, l’Isle.

Le résultat de l’élection présidentielle de 2012 dans cette commune est le suivant :

Les habitants sont appelés les Abzacais.

L’évolution du nombre d’habitants est connue à travers les recensements de la population effectués dans la commune depuis 1793. À partir du début des années 2000, les populations légales des communes sont publiées annuellement. Le recensement repose désormais sur une collecte d’information annuelle, concernant successivement tous les territoires communaux au cours d’une période de cinq ans. Pour les communes de moins de 10 000 habitants, une enquête de recensement portant sur toute la population est réalisée tous les cinq ans, les populations légales des années intermédiaires étant quant à elles estimées par interpolation ou extrapolation. Pour la commune, le premier recensement exhaustif entrant dans le cadre du nouveau dispositif a été réalisé en 2008.

En 2014, la commune comptait 1 911 habitants, en augmentation de 7,97 % par rapport à 2009 (Gironde&nbsp purple football socks;: 5,99 % , France hors Mayotte : 2,49 %)

La répartition de la population de la commune par tranches d’âge est, en 2007, la suivante&nbsp goalie shirt soccer;:

La population de la commune est relativement âgée. Le taux de personnes d’un âge supérieur à 60 ans (23,8 %) est en effet supérieur au taux national (21,6 %) et au taux départemental (21,4 %). À l’instar des répartitions nationale et départementale, la population féminine de la commune est supérieure à la population masculine. Le taux (50,7 %) est du même ordre de grandeur que le taux national (51,6 %).

L’église Saint-Pierre, vue latérale sud (juin 2012).

L’église Saint-Pierre, façade ouest (juin 2012).

La manufacture (juin 2012) the best bottles.

Le monument aux morts sur la place devant l’église (juin 2012).

Les armes d’Abzac se blasonnent ainsi : D’azur au chevron d’or accompagné de trois molettes à huit rais du même.

 Cadalso de los Vidrios (Espagne) depuis 1994

Sur les autres projets Wikimedia :


Posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , by with no comments yet.

Kelme Outlet | Le Coq Sport Outlet

kelme paul frank outlet new balance outlet bogner outlet le coq sportif outlet brand bags cheap bags sale bags online