St Michael’s Church, Monkton Combe

St Michael’s Church is the Church of England parish church of Monkton Combe, Somerset, England. It is a Grade II listed building.

The structure is mostly mid-Victorian cheap authentic football shirts. Predominately an example of Early English Gothic Revival, the structure has a steep pitched polychrome Welsh Slate roof and other aspects that clearly mark it from a distance as being a mid 19th Century construction. The main tower is surmounted by a gilded weather cock.

The town was owned by the Bath Abbey monks, hence the name Monkton Combe, and the first structure was considered to be an “ancient Norman” one, and the parish minutes of 1757 give a glimpse of the small church structure having a chancel with at least two pews in it. “The church is a small structure, 50 feet in length and 16 feet in breadth, covered with tiles; at the west end in a little stone turret hangs two small bells. It is dedicated to St. Michael.”

“About the beginning of the 19th century unseasoned meat tenderizer, when this little old church, after long neglect, needed extensive repairs, the inhabitant instead of repairing it, pulled it down and out of its materials build a new church of about the same size, seating only 95 persons, but to their minds no doubt more comfortable. It was erected in 1814 and did not last long. The Rev. Francis Pocock, being appointed vicar of Monkton Combe in 1863, found this church in a dilapidated state, and … for the needs for the parish, and had the courage to undertake the entire rebuilding of the sacred edifice.”

The tower contains an 8-bell carillon which was installed in the 1920s.

The church contains a two manual pipe organ by Henry Jones and Sons.

The churchyard contains the grave of Harry Patch, known as the “Last Fighting Tommy” and the last surviving soldier to have fought in the trenches of World War I. He was buried there following his death in July 2009 at the age of 111, alongside several members of his family.


Posted in Uncategorized and tagged , by with no comments yet.

Green Forest, Arkansas

Green Forest is a city in Carroll County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 2,761 at the 2010 census.

Green Forest is located at (36.334924, -93.432655). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 5.9 km² (2.3 mi²), all land.

As of the census of 2010, there were 3,271 people, 1072 households, and 977 families residing in the city. The population density was 458.1/km² (1,187.4/mi²). There were 1,146 housing units at an average density of 176.4/km² (457.1/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 64.3% White, 0.40% Black or African American, 1.07% Native American, 0.48% Asian, 0.37% Pacific Islander, 12.37% from other races, and 2.76% from two or more races. 33.20% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

There were 1072 households out of which 37.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.9% were married couples living together, 13.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30 green glass water juice bottle.2% were non-families. 23.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 and the average family size was 3.27.

In the city, the population was spread out with 28.6% under the age of 18, 12.7% from 18 to 24, 30.8% from 25 to 44, 15.8% from 45 to 64, and 12.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females there were 96.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.0 males.

The median income for a household in the city was $23,750, and the median income for a family was $26,765. Males had a median income of $18,886 versus $16,686 for females cheap authentic football shirts. The per capita income for the city was $10,720. About 16.7% of families and 22.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 23.7% of those under age 18 and 23.5% of those age 65 or over.

Elementary and secondary school students may attend Green Forest School District, which leads to graduation from Green Forest High School.

The Green Forest Public Library is a branch library of the Carroll And Madison Library System. The library opened in 1935.


Posted in Uncategorized and tagged , by with no comments yet.

Kelme Outlet | Le Coq Sport Outlet

kelme paul frank outlet new balance outlet bogner outlet le coq sportif outlet brand bags cheap bags sale bags online